I have to admit, I love opening my blog with a shiny picture of Sadie staring back at me. I love that little girl and look forward to the day I will get to see her again.
I can't believe it has been 12 days since her passing. In the last two weeks, I have experienced some of the most special and sacred moments of my life. I am grateful for the time we had to spend with sweet Sadie and I thank Zac and T for letting us be as involved as we were. I love you guys!!
Now...onto the weekend.
We just got back from Idaho Falls. Every 4th of July we spend up there with Ian's extended family and it never disappoints. We BBQ and usually share a room with Sean and Jenny which comes with an ample dose of laughter. I feel so blessed that my in-laws don't feel like in-laws at all. Everyone gets along great and there is always a lot of joy when we are there together. Ian's family always has treated me like I was a part of the family from the very first time I met them. Uncle Holland, Aunt Gail, Uncle Brian, and Aunt Debbie have taken me in and treated me like I was one of their own. Ian's cousins are a blast to hang with and I always look forward to spending time with them.
We also had the pleasure of spending some time with some dear friends while we were up there. The Larsons have become close friends and we love the time we get to hang out with them. Zac and Ume have a special friendship. Char makes me laugh and cry at the same time and no one gives a bear hug quite like Brian. Zac always gives me special kisses and Lilian will let me love on her.
The fireworks are spectacular! If you have never been, it is a must see. They are fantastic. Far superior to any I have seen here in SLC. Jackson has yet to stay awake through the whole fireworks show...I credit that to swimming too much. I think the highlight of the weekend for him was swimming at the hotel with his cousins. Much more impressive than any stinkin' fireworks.
In the end, I always come away from those weekends thankful for a great family, great friends, and the great freedoms that we have here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend!!
I am overjoyed that you guys were able to get away and have a great time for the 4th!! I have been thinking of you often and send you my love and girlie vibes. PS - you owe me a lunch sista!! -Suzanne
Post a Comment