My life has become crazy.
It seems like it has been overrun with "stuff" to do.
I leave for work at 6:30 in the morning and get home at 6:00 pm. All I really want to do is spend time with my son and husband who I haven't seen all day. But my life seems to get mucked up with other stuff I have to do (at least if my boys want to eat)
I am frustrated that by the time I get home I am so exhausted from my day that all I feel like I can do is sleep. But I can't sleep partly because I have all this crap to do and I don't really want to sleep away the few hours at night I have to spend with my family.
Somehow, I need to simplify things.
What suggestions do you all have for simplifying your life? Bring on the suggestions, before I crack!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Deligate! and whatever is left over can wait for the weekend or isn't worth bothing with. Time spent with the "boys" is the most important. The "Work" will always be there. Also learn to say "no". Once you prioritize, the important stuff will stand out and then you can go to bed without guilt! Sounds like I know what I'm talking about doesn't it? NOT!! Love you MOM
Kenzie - frozen dinners were a huge blessing for us when I was pregnant with Micah. The smell of cooking made me sick, along with just wanting our family to be together when Wes got home. So throughout that pregnancy I went to My Girfriend's Kitchen and prepared a month's worth of meals in a few hours. You freeze them and put them in the fridge a day or two before you want to bake them. Then all you have to do is prepare a veggie for the side. I liked my cooking better, but it was a time in my life I needed help! That place is even better now. I can't remember what it's called, but the meals are already prepared and they have many options now (organic, gluten free, vegetarian, etc.) so you just walk in the store and buy what you want. You could just cook on weekends if you wnated, etc. And they're easy enough that Ian could even heat them up if he's home.
I'm with Noni too, learning to simplify is a mad skill and delegating goes along with it! Saying no is huge, and so is doing something to keep yourself refreshed and happy. Sit your self down and write your feelings, you will see where you can let go and where you need to stand firm. You are such a doll, Kez, let me know if there's anything I can do to help you. I've got some great book you might like written by the Eyres. They were bestselling authors who had nine kids and had to be really good at the balance thing. I'd be happy to loan you a book. Keep me updated on what you decide to do. I am curious, and I always like to see what busy Moms do to keep their sanity!
i am so feeling you, and i don't even have kids.
i have started planning my meals a week ahead of time, and that seems to help.
hang in there!
I think you have to eventually realize you can only do so many things in a day. So you write down all those things and figure out what can go. You prioritize and what doesn't get done doesn't get done. But it's all easier said than done!
I just try to simplify. The times that you have down time and are sitting traveling to work or running errands, try to do the things that bring you greatest joy. Say no sometimes and make sure you designate time for your loved ones! I love ya! -Suzanne
Post a Comment