Thursday, July 30, 2009

I should have clarified...

I kind of didn't think anyone read this blog. Regardless, you should be able to read my mind anyway.

At least that's what I think my husband should be able to do.

Bikram Yoga is kinda like regular yoga, except you do it in a room that is 110 degrees and CRAZY humid. Within the first 15 minutes, I am soaked about as much as I am mid shower. Said sweat is supposed to be caught by the towel and mat that you bring to do all your bendy tricks on, but I don't buy it. For some reason, these rooms are carpeted. Yeah...that might give a hint as to where all the stinkiness comes from. Gross.

But I am going back on Monday for another dose.

Honestly, it was a fantastic workout (boy, am I feeling it today) if you can get past your gag reflex. It is supposed to be very centering and balancing and spiritual and whatever. Right now, it just kicks my butt as I try to not throw up from the smell and the humidity.

And also make me appreciate running all the more.

(P.S. Anyone up for a 5k next month?)

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. That is the sickest thing I'VE EVER HEARD.

Shalise said...

Ok- I read your blog- life has just been crazy for me the last three months. I can barely get a word in anywhere. So this Yoga- is this the one in Holladay and Sandy? Is it one where there is about 102 degrees with humidity- I think I would die. Your a trooper. Hang in there and I will hopefully be able to post more after my jury duty is over.