Holy Cow, I have been quite the little reader lately.
I finished The Hunger Games in one day. I had to admit, when my cute friend Suzanne was telling me about the plot I said, "Suz, it sounds a lot like science fiction and I don't really do science fiction." She replied with "Remember saying 'A vampire book?' when I recommended Twilight?"
Touche, my friend, touche.
So, I liked it. More than Twilight, actually. I won't go into the story too much for fear of making you say, "sounds like science fiction." The story is about a girl that takes the place of her sister in a crazy fight to the death reality show (kinda.) The writing was fairly done, but the plot made up for any writing flaws that were there. I loved that the protagonist was not a flat, stereotypical girlie girl. She was strong, rebellious, and sometimes vulnerable woman. She was what I wanted Bella Swan to be. Not a whiny girl whose whole identity was wrapped up in if a boy liked her. What kind of role model is that for our teen girls?
The book kept me turning pages and I was sad as I closed in on the last few chapters. I didn't want it to end. I like that it was written with the forthsight of this book being first of a trilogy. I like even more that the next book is out in September.
What will I read until then? Any suggestions out there in blogland? Otherwise, I am going to have to break out my CFP stuff and get to studying. No one wants to do that in the summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HEy! Aren't you quite the little reader lately! So glad you read the book and liked it! Is that not an intriguing story line?? I am so glad you liked the strength in the girl. I thought the same exact thing. Was not the fire dress the coolest thing to imagine. Did you cry in the scene where she sang to the song to her friend? I did! So good! So glad you liked it! -Suzanne
The fire dress was awesome. I loved how they described the dress she wore at the end as "candlelight."
Post a Comment