By the way...Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. Hope your day was fantastic.
I had a pretty great Mother's Day. I woke to a Jackson snuggled up in his spot. He was warm and cuddly and would randomly give me a kiss on my nose or cheek (whichever was closer) about every 5 minutes or so. What a cutie!
Jack and I got up and going while we let Daddy sleep in a bit. And by "up and going" I mean I moved my self from the bed to the sofa while dragging along the book I am currently in the middle of. Jack played with his legos and I read/slept a little more.
Jack and Ian then made breakfast. Translate: Jack continued to play with the legos while Ian asked: "Do we have baking soda?", "Where is the waffle iron?", "Oooh, the milk is bad.", "Are the strawberries okay to use on the waffles?" You get the idea. Actually, it was very sweet.
They were both so excited to give me their gifts. Jack brought out a little white box that had a mug that he made with his picture on it. Adorable. Along with a book mark. He said, " Miss Jachim said to color our best, so I colored by best." He is such a sweet little guy. Ian went completely overboard and bought me the most beautiful diamond bracelet. What a great guy I have! Not because he buys me bling (that helps), but because he is just the most thoughtful guy.
Church was nice. I had the chance to sing a duet with the primary and it was so much fun! Those kiddos were adorable and did a fantastic job!
We then went over to my mom's to wish her a Happy Mother's Day and found out that she had prepared a turkey for everyone. Get that! Mom is cooking on HER day. She is an amazing mother and I could not have asked for a better example of kindness, humility, generosity, and grace. I hope someday I will be able to be more like her.
So, moms, go have a great week! You all deserve it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy mother's day - it sounds like you had a great one!!
Sounds like a great day!! I loved your singing!! You are amazing! Can't wait to see the Bling!!
Post a Comment