This is one of my favorite times of year. I love to see the new leaves from my lilies begin to peek up out of the ground to warm themselves in the sun after a long, cold winter.
I so loved Conference this weekend. What a blessing to live in a time with living prophets giving us modern day instruction. I so appreciated the message of stay positive, have faith and go to the temple. Such simple, profound instruction.
We had a great day on Sunday as Zac and his family along with my mom and Brad came over for lunch and the second Sunday session. It was so wonderful to be near my sweet family and I am so grateful for the eternal bonds that bind us.
We also had the fun of having my Dad out for the weekend. His sense of humor always lightens the mood. Jackson just loves having him out.
Saturday night, Jack and I had Zac's girls (including T) over for some egg coloring fun while the boys went to the Priesthood session. We had a great time and giggled a lot. It was fun to get to spend some time with them. I love my time with Sadie, Olivia, and Sammy, but I don't get to spend too much time with T, so it was extra special to get to hang out with this neat woman. What an example of strength and humily that girl is! I have so much admiration and respect for her as I do my little bro. He says he married up, but I think they were a perfect match!! I am glad to have them so close.
Friday night, we had the girls over while Zac and T went out for a little alone time. Jackson loves the time he has to spend with his cousins. We had some Chinese food and watched a little Kung Fu Panda...again! It seems to be the house favorite right now.
Continued prayers are appreciated on Sadie's behalf right now. She continues to be brave and fight this nasty tumor as does her family. We are certainly enjoying each moment we have with her and she reinforces what was taught this conference weekend: be strong, be positive, and have faith.
My husband is also a great example of these principles. He recently lost his job and has been such a great example to me of good attitude and diligence. I am go grateful for his strong arms that lift us up during times of trial.
Anyhow, enough ramblings for now. Until next time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. You have such a great family!! I just love you guys. We often think and pray for Sadie too. She is an example of faith and strength.
You love Kung Fu Panda?? I love Kung Fu Panda!! I highly suggest Bolt to add to your list.
You have a wonderful family and so glad that you were able to spend time with them. I think of Sadie and her little family all the time. Sending the good vibes!
Sending the good vibes for Ian also. It will work out! Be strong! -Suzanne
Sorry to hear about Ian but I am sure good times are ahead. SO, you better hurry up because my bun is cookin and I need a buddy to complain with.
KENZ-Thanks so much for just being darling you! We had fun hangin with you too...it doesn't get any better than that...good eats, family nodding off thru conference with bellies full. You are a wonderful cook and great hostest. We appreciate all of your hard work to have us over. Did I ever tell you how proud I am to be your mom? Well..I am!!! What a blessing it is to watch you as a women grow and blossom in the world. You have such excessive talent..everything you touch seems to turn into joy! You are also, a wonderful wife and mother. Ah..money cannot buy the joy as I watch you make your way thru this world..Thank you for being my daughter and thank you for being my best friend! I love you so much!!! MOM
Post a Comment