Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Prettyful

I have recently learned a new word: prettyful.

My sweet son will tell me in the morning as we are rushing out the door to get him to school and me to work, "Mommy, you are so prettyful."

Ahh...does that make your heart melt or what? He is such a sweet little guy.

We have been pretty busy around the house. Ian is getting the yard ready for summer (will summer ever really arrive? I'm not so sure.) He has been bouncing around the back yard in the tractor getting everything all tilled up. We have already been overrun by weeds, but it isn't anything a little (or a whole lotta) Round-Up can't take care of. We are hoping to get the front yard finished this year along with the patio in the back and some raised beds in the back. Anyone have any great tips on where I can find cheap, beautiful rocks to build said raised beds?

I am also going to try, once again, to plant a veggie garden. The peas, broccoli, and pepper seeds are in. I am also going to try to plant tomatoes, corn, carrots, watermelon, and pumpkins. Last year some of the stuff actually grew, although I had little success come harvest time. Dang little squash bugs. Anywho, we'll see how it goes. And know (I am talking to YOU Jamie) that donations of garden grown tomatoes are ALWAYS welcome and appreciated!!!

So...what plans do you all have for summertime fun?

4 comments:

Petersen Family said...

I peeked in your backyard today while we were out planting a few things in the front yard and it's looking good! Check out Lehi Block for possible rocks/bricks for your raised beds. And you can bet I'll share some tomatoes again this year! That is if I can get my hubby to grow more than the allotted 4 he is threatening! He's getting SO into the garden this year! A lot of our space is already taken up so far with broccoli, peas, carrots, 16 lettuce plants(!!), celery, cilantro, and two rows of onions! We'll see who wins the fight over the number of tomatoes!!

Sherilyn said...

I just planted all my salsa ingredients in pots, and one tomato plant in the infamous Topsy Turvy upside down tomato grower. I am also going to try to make strawberry jam for the first time. Do you have a good recipe?

Andria said...

What a cute little guy. I am trying to plant this year too. We will see what happens!!

Suzanne said...

There is a rock quarry next to Rodworks where we bought all or our rocks.

Ah, you make me laugh with the planting and your "trying". Haha! It will grow, have faith!

Missing my good friend. Winds of change have come my way, and would love to have lunch soon. Finished BOM so now I am going to read the Great Divorce. When I am done, I say it is lunch time! -Suzanne