Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Bed Ninja

So, over the last several months, somehow we wake up in the morning and there is another little body in bed with us.

I don't so much mind, because that little body is toasty warm and cuddled into just the right place to keep my otherwise chilly body snuggly.

The REAL question is how this little guy manages to come into our room, hop up on the bed, and make his little warm nest in between Ian and I.

He does it swiftly and silently. So much so that neither of us notice.

Until we get a foot in the ribs once he becomes too hot and decides to kick the covers off. Then, it is not so nice.

Any tips for keeping our little one in his own bed during the night when we (otherwise fairly light sleepers) don't even notice he's made his move?

4 comments:

Stacey said...

We had one of those too. We had to bribe her with a toy she really wanted. We said if she stayed in her bed for two weeks she could have the toy. She did, and the habit was broken. I was worried that she'd start again once she had the toy, but she didn't! It's kinda sweet to have a little one in there with you though! :)

Megan said...

Linda Eyre (lol, I know, I'm obsessed)says that everything kids do happens in stages. And all the stages are different with each kid. Sometimes you want/need to get past the stage, and sometimes you just enjoy it and know that it will pass by too fast and you'll miss it. And if it's something that's miserable you just tell yourself it's a stage and it'll pass and you can hopefully hang in there until then.
I like Stacey's idea, and I actually have a bedtime chart you can borrow...it goes for a week. It's really cute!
That being said, we have a bed ninja too. Kolton sleeps in our room sometimes, and always on the floor, but lately he's figured out how to sneak in our bed without waking us too! Once I know he's in there, I can't sleep, but I don't mind most of the time. It doesn't happen often enough for it to be a big deal.

Petersen Family said...

We have a bed ninja too! I used to hear EVERY little noise Brayden made until Easton was born! Now I can wake up to every little Easton noise and not notice that Brayden's sleeping next to me! We've been telling him he can't get into bed with us until the sun comes up and it's been working pretty well...of course we sleep in pretty late at our house though!

Rigby Fam said...

As long as you can get enough sleep and your back isn't killing you in the morning from having to sleep in weird positions... Just enjoy it while it lasts. Those are some of my favorite memories, all three of my first kids in bed with us on the weekends....