I just love Easter! It is a fresh start and a celebration of rebirth. I love that we can take this time to reflect on the incredible atonement of our Savior and his triumphant resurrection!
This year, we celebrated a bit more quietly, which I liked. Saturday, we took Jackson to an Easter Egg Hunt at Nolan Park (a park not too far from our house.) The organizers had spread out a bunch of eggs across the park. At the sound of the firetruck's horn, there was a mad frenzy of kids running and then 10 seconds later it was over. It was cold and rainy, so my feelings aren't too hurt that it was quick.
Later that day, we headed over to my mom's for her annual Egg Hunt (sometimes known as the Candy-palooza) and dinner. She always does such a great job of putting this little shindig together and it is one of our favorite Easter traditions. It was a special evening spent with Zac's family as well as Johna, Kaycee, Austin, Kambree, and Ben. It was nice to see Ben as we haven't seen him in awhile.
Church was wonderful, as always. I am so grateful for the wonderful Ward we live in. Everyone seems to get along so well and everyone is always looking for ways to serve one another. What a blessing!!
In the past, Ian and I haven't really played up the whole Easter Bunny thing. We have done baskets, but haven't really talked about the Easter Bunny as we wanted to keep the focus on the true meaning of Easter. Somehow (I think at school) Jack learned all about the Easter Bunny, so he made an appearance this year. I was impressed that Jackson wanted this book we saw at Deseret Book called "Reflections of Christ." For those that haven't seen it, it is incredibly beautiful. It is a compilation of photographs depicting scenes from the life of the Savior. Each time Jack looks at it, he'll say "Mommy, I love Jesus." It brings a little tear to my eye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It sounds like it was a perfect Easter!! And your date sounds nice too! Thanks for making our ward so nice. You are such a great friend to everyone!
Post a Comment