Ok...I loved this book. I finished it in just over 24 hours and loved it.
It is the story of a 13 year old girl who was conceived to be a donor for her older sister who has a rare form of leukemia. At a certain point, the girl decides she doesn't want donate a kidney to her sister and so she sues her parents for medical emanipation from her parents. The story takes place over a two week time period.
I won't say too much more about the plot, because I don't want to spoil the story.
The story was thoughtful and emotional. Picoult gives a strong voice to each of the characters which gives the complex issue a rich perspective. Each chapter is written in first person from a different character's point of view, but somehow maintains a consistent time line. I found myself very much getting involved in the life of this family. It was a book that I could not put down. The story is compelling, the writing is impeccable, and the characters are multidimensional.
A must read, for sure. And before the movie comes out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, I am going out of town and would love to read it while I am gone. Can I borrow it?
Post a Comment