Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Word of the Year

I read this great idea of having a word to focus on throughout the year. A word that will embody what I hope to achieve during 2010. 2010 for me is going to be all about finishing. I hope to run another half marathon...scratch that...I will finish another half marathon this year. I want to finish projects that I begin. Finish my house. Finish my weight loss goals. I hope by focusing on the finish line, I will be able to eliminate all the other "stuff" that gets in the way.

It will be no surprise to anyone who knows me that I like to be busy. I love to help others whenever I can which leads me to over schedule myself and my goals sometimes fall by the wayside. I keep myself so busy that when I have time to relax, I get restless because I feel like I should be doing something else.

In past races I have run, there was such a burst of energy that came with hitting milestones and finish lines. It is exciting and invigorating to meet those stepping stones that get me closer to my goals. I'd love to be able to apply that to the rest of my life. Finish.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

I like your word!! So many things get started but few are finished. I think this is a great goal! Just remember to enjoy the journey along the way! Love ya! -Suzanne

Sherilyn said...

Great Post! I always do the same thing. I have good intentions but everything gets in the way. How exciting you are going to Disneyworld! Congrats on your tenth. You and Ian are such a great couple. Jon and I have our 14th coming up this month. Miss you!

Stacey said...

Love it!

Jules AF said...

Good idea! I tend to leave things half done if I'm lazy.

Megan said...

I do the word of the year too! I LOVE "finish"....sound like it's perfect for you! I am excited to see what you accomplish...let me know if there's anything I can do to help! You are such an inspiration! Love you!
PS - Happy 10th - that is so great!
PPS - I'd love to run a 1/2 with you after baby gets here - I don't know if you are wanting to wait that long, but I'm in if you do, and if not, I'd love to be there to cheer you on!

Noni said...

My word for you this year is AMAZING!!! Which you are!! Love to you and that you WILL accomplish everything you set out to do. Love you beyond words MOM

Shalise said...

I like the word finish what you started, I need to really really need to do that same thing. I am like you, I love to help other's and I often spread myself so far. Your a great person and thanks for sharing.