So yesterday was one of those days where I felt like I had overscheduled myself. When it came down to it, there was a moms group I was thinking of bailing on because, frankly, I was just too dang tired!
I am so glad that I went!!! These women are smart, spunky, and full of so much love and wisdom. I am glad to call them my friends. I came away from our little meeting feeling invigorated. I was able to let go of some guilt that I have been carrying, because really, what purpose does guilt achieve? Working moms can feel guilty that they are not at home. Stay at home moms can feel guilty that they are not contributing financially to the family. You know what? Let's just let go of the guilt and do our best job with what we have!
We also spent some time discussing why it is important for us to persue (or find) our passion. One sweet mom said that she wants to be sure that there is still something left of her after her children have grown and gone. I had this epiphany: Where is my son going to learn to be passionate about living? In the same way I am responsible for teaching him important skills and truths, I am also responsible for teaching him how to be happy and how to live a happy life. He learns that by watching me and my husband. What an aha moment that was for me.
I am also proud to report that the kiddo's first guitar lesson was a screaming success. His teacher is great and Kiddo is loving it! Now, to find a kid's sized guitar....
Have a great day out there!!! Live it like you mean it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great advice! I'd say I'm taking it, but as I just took a nap for about 2 hours, I'm probably not... haha
Yay!! Power in positive thinking! Guitar lessons for the little guy? That is wonderful! I am so glad that you were uplifted today! About lunch, the fridays that Shae is in school works best for me. I think the next one coming up is in a couple of weeks. Game? Love your guts!! -Suzanne
So true my friend. It's very hard for us women to not beat up on ourselves. It's so important to remember that we are individuals and not only Mom's.
Post a Comment