Friday, January 15, 2010

Crazy Much?

I am so excited! Ian and I will be running in the Ragnar Relay Wasatch Back this June!

What is it, you say?

188 miles. 24 hours. 12 runners. Logan to Park City.

I can't wait! Ian and I were planning on running with another team and later we found out that the two spots that we thought we were filling were already filled. I was a bit disappointed as I was getting pretty excited for this relay race. Well, I thought, why can't we just put together our own team?

And so we are in the process of doing so. We still have 6 spots to fill. We are a pretty novice team (I am probably most novice as I have only run 1 distance race...that fun half marathon a year ago) but I am excited for the experience.

I don't mind admitting that when I watch videos of folks finishing distance races and then hearing their stories about why they run, I get a little misty eyed. And by misty eyed I mean sometimes I full out bawl!!

So wish us luck as we train! I'm gonna need all the encouragement I can get!

4 comments:

Jules AF said...

Um, wow. YOU GO. I wish I liked to run.

Suzanne said...

My friend Jason was talking to us about doing it. I kept saying to him "You sleep in a van?" over and over. He had a ball doing it last year and is doing it again. However, he wanted us to join his waiting list for his team. So if someone bagged out, he had a back up. Still on the fence about this one! I hope you have a lightness of feet as you prepare for this race. I hope your van has a matress in the back that you can sleep on! he he! -Suzanne

David said...

What is this "running" you speak about? Sounds foreign to me:)

Way to go though!

CMHill said...

Wow! That's awesome! Mark is running in it, too. Maybe I'll see you there (I'll cheer real loud if I do).