Thursday, October 1, 2009

Attention: too much sarcasm in this post

I had a funny little experience yesterday.

The flu has been hanging out at our house this week. We have been doing all the fun things that you do in the bathroom when you have the flu. Read: I have not been at my prettiest.

Well, I thought I was well enough to go back to work yesterday. I was wrong. Hubby came and picked me up from work early. He asked if it was okay if we stopped at 5 Guys so he could pick up a burger. Against my better judgement, I said okay. Wrong again. Not so much for the nauseating fragrance that is 5 Guys, but rather for who we ran into (I hope she hasn't found my blog!)

Anywho...we ran into a couple that we used to hang out with. They are a great couple other than the wife is the sister of an old boyfriend. It was a relationship that ended, how do I say, badly. The wife looked at me and said, "Are you two still together?!?!" Ian replied, "Yeah, we have been married almost 10 years now." I was glad that he said something, because I was having a difficult time stifiling my laughter. I was thinking, "No, actually. It turns out that 5 Guys is actually a freaky Twilight Zone where I run into boyfriends of my past."Standing there catching up with them for what I thought was a polite amount of time, I had visions of what my life could have been if I had chosen otherwise. I was also rather concerned that my breath may have still smelled of, uh, flu. But I digress. After finding out that this couple lives less than a mile from us (it IS a small world after all!), we smiled, gave hugs, and were on our way.

In all seriousness, though, after we stopped laughing once we got into the car, I was so grateful for Heavenly Father hitting me over the head with a 2x4 when I asked him whom I should marry. Ian or this other guy. In one of the clearest answers to a prayer I have ever received, I was told that Ian was the one. And I am so glad I listened. And that He made the answer clear enough that I couldn't mess it up.

Any of you ever had one of those running-into-ghosts-of-boyfriends-past stories? Please, let's do share!!

4 comments:

Madsen Family said...

haha that's great! it's such small world. makes me think of that old garth brooks song, unanswered prayers. and i didn't know you have been sick! i feel so bad, can we do anything for you? you feeling any better? i have heard it's going around. love ya.

Stacey said...

You make me laugh! I ran into one of my exs and his whole family. I thought how nice it was to see all of them, until....his father kissed me. He grabbed my face, I tried to pull away, but he wouldn't let me, then he kissed me square on the lips! Really weird!

Mackenzie said...

Yeah, Stacey, that is pretty wierd.

Noni said...

OK is she still 300#'s plus? Too many 5 guys? Did I just say that? Opps! I'll concur on your decision...we love "E".