Last night I had the closest thing I have had to a mental breakdown.
I was tired, blood sugar was running high, we were getting home late, unpleasant visit from a neighbor and the phone would not stop ringing. Just when I thought I could collapse into my bed, something else would happen. We have all had those days (I think) and I couldn't have been more ready for it to end. I didn't get much time to spend with my bunchkin and the dog would not leave me alone.
Remember Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day? I had mine.
There was not really any one thing that made it bad, it was just the relentlessness of the day. I just wanted to find sleep and these little things kept poking at me.
Anyway, after we decided to not answer the phone anymore, I picked up Harry Potter V.7 and tried to read. I couldn't concentrate because my husband was just laying there staring at me.
At first I was annoyed. Then I realized he was staring at me because he was searching for a way to make me feel better. He was trying to analyze what he could do to make things okay.
I had this overwhelming moment. As I looked at those big, doeish, brown eyes I saw that this man loves me. No matter what. Even when I am at my worst. When I am falling apart and a total wreck. When I am self conscious and not very nice. No matter how hard I try to push him away when I am ornery, he is still there. Always.
And my gratitude for him deepened. I don't know how I was so blessed to get this guy, but I am so happy that he is mine forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Awwww. You are a very lucky woman! He could be like most men and just grumble, "What's up with YOU?"
Yeah...fortunately he is NOT that guy.
If he were, there might be blood spilt.
I can be brutal when I am PMSing.
I had a crappy day yesterday too, and realized how grateful I am for my husband!
Sorry you had such a horrible day! And since I didn't see you yesterday I know I wasn't the "unpleasant visit from a neighbor!" Let us know if you need anything!!
Jamie...you definitely were not the unpleasant visit...no one from our circle.
My heart goes out to you and your feelings of stress! I am so glad Ian is there to help you through your rough patches!! Hang in there! I love ya! -Suzanne
There musta been something in the air yesterday because your day sounds quite similar to mine in the fact that everything seemed to go wrong, and even if it wasn't, it was getting to be unbearable.
I'm glad you have Ian though to help you through it:)
I am sorry you had a bad day!! But it sounds like you found a way to make it better!!
What a sweet post, you truly have an amazing guy- I am sorry for the day you had, sorry I did not post sooner, I am thinking of you and I hope your doing ok now.
Post a Comment