First of all, a BIG thank you to all who have been so supportive over these past few weeks.
We have had a few very emotional weeks. Another seizure took place. Bummer. But lots of thanks to great people at work who took care of me during the episode, and incredible family and friends who took care of me once I got home.
I am still struggling with some of the side effects of the seizure...memory loss, fatigue. But I am confident that the side effects will continue to subside.
On to more exciting news:
Jackson started school last week! It was so exciting to see him thrilled about going back to school. He seems to really like his new teacher, Miss Ovard. We went to an open house before school started and had the chance to meet Miss Ovard. She seems sweet and so excited about teaching. Love it!! Jackson also has a friend from the neighborhood in his class, Tanner Pitcher. Makes it nice to have a little buddy.
He is also taking the bus. The "Puppy" bus. Each of the busses have a little picture so that the kids can recognize which bus is theirs. He was WAY more excited about taking the bus than having mom and dad take him to school. I must confess, once we got him on the bus, we quickly drove over to the school so we could get pictures of him getting off the bus and playing before school started. It is so fun to see him grow. I am so truly grateful for him. Ian and I could not be more blessed.
At the same time, I was saddened to think that Sadie should have been there at school with him. As we frantically followed the Puppy bus, I noticed the "rainbow" bus pulling out of Zac's neighborhood. Quite appropriate, I thought. I am so grateful for the time we had with Sadie. As Jackson continues to grow and cross these milestones, I know Sadie will be there in our thoughts as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Mackenzie!! My friend, you are in my prayers!! What is going on with that little body of yours? Loved to hear about Jackson and the bus ride. The rainbows are so touching from your families website. Hang in there!! -Suzanne
Mack, I'm glad to hear you are in good spirits even with those dumb seizures...I'm keeping you in my prayers!
And yay for Jackson starting school! What an awesome kid! I was always too afraid to ride the bus the first day...of course, we had to memorize the bus numbers rather than just a pic LOL
Kenz how fun for you as a parent to experience such special moments. Tho they seem small to others, these are milestones in little Jack's life. You are such good parents to be able to witness and soak it all up! Reminds me of when you and your little bro. ventured out into the big world of school. Look at you now! Wow! You are so awesome! I love you so much! MOM
Post a Comment