Friday, December 26, 2008

Ho! Ho! Ho!

I just love Christmas. This year ranks up there with one of the best ever.

This was the first year that Jackson started to "get" the whole Santa thing. Much to his joy, Daddy pulled a "Red Rider BB Gun" from A Christmas Story and got him a Nerf gun. I was not too excited, but Jack couldn't put the thing down all day!

We had a nice quiet day at home. The snow was so thick, we couldn't leave the house and NO ONE was complaining about that. What a joy it was just to spend the day with the family. In the evening we headed over to Zac's for some ham (thanks, T.) It was a fantastic day.

My favorite memory was watching Jackson open his presents. After he opened each one (except the socks) he would exclaim, "This is the best present ever!" Another favorite had to be Jack showing what a giving little guy he is. I explained to him that there was a family in the neighborhood that wasn't going to have much of a Christmas this year and what could we do to help? After asking some questions about the kids (and especially a little boy his age) he offered up one of his most cherished toys. It made me so proud to see that he had understood a bit about the meaning of the Christmas spirit.

Christmas Eve was spent at my grandparents. Throughout this year, I have been constantly reminded of their short time left here on this earth. On Christmas Eve, I saw that frailty even more and cherished every moment I had with them. I hope to be able to spend more time with them this coming year so I can soak up every little moment I can have with them.

I have to confess, I just love my cutie husband. He got me a space heater and a food processor. On the surface, it would seem that this is akin to getting a vacuum for Valentine's Day. That would be true if it wasn't for the fact that I have wanted both of these little items for a very long time. The space heater is for my craft room...anyone who has been trying to scrapbook in said room past midnight knows what I mean. And the food processor...well he happened to get me what he calls "The Hit Man" of food processors. It rocks! Thanks, E., for helping him choose one.
Woohoo! I was searching the house yesterday for things I could slice, dice or grate. I couldn't get enough!

With all the snow, Jack and Ian spent a good deal of time "shoving" the snow with their "snow shovers." Jack loves getting out there to help his daddy. Ian loves it too. Jack's definition of helping Daddy usually involves Jack playing in the snow while Ian shovels the driveway. I have to give props to the little guy this time around. He shoveled the porch and the stairs and did a pretty decent job.

All and all, the best part of yesterday was just spending time with the boys. I just love my boys and they make me feel so special. The Lord has blessed me with the best.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

It sound like such an amazing holiday! Merry Christmas.

Suzanne said...

I am so tickled that you had a wonderful Christmas!! Merry Christmas my friend! -Suzanne

Madsen Family said...

YAY! You got a space heater! I need to come over and test it out(at midnight of course). Sounds like you had an awesome holiday, and what a cute story about Jackson giving a toy away. What a great boy you have!