Monday, December 1, 2008

Grateful

I just love this time of year! It starts with mid September (Ian's birthday) and the fun doesn't stop until mid January (Jack's birthday!) Along with the crisp air, delicious apples, beautiful snow, there is a feeling of goodwill, generosity, and gratitude. I wish it could be all year!!! When I hear "Happy Holidays," I assume folks are talking about the last three months of the year and not trying to avoid a "Merry Christmas."

This year, Thanksgiving was a bit different for us. Jack got pretty sick on Wednesday...throwing up, fever, and eye infections. It kept us in the house from Wednesday through yesterday. Although it was sad that he was so sick, I have to confess it was so nice to just have time for the two of us for all that time. Ian was pretty occupado with the toy sale Friday and Saturday, so Jack and I hung out in the house. He is such a good boy. All he wanted to do was snuggle and have me play with his hair. We played Wii a bit, but mostly just relaxed and watched movies. He is really into Star Wars right now (Thank you, Ian and Sean) and loves to watch "The Clone Wars" with American (Anakin) Skywalker. He is also very into what he calls "technology" which means it has to plug into the wall to work. Jack has been such a tender blessing in our lives. I see so much of Ian in him.

This year, I am so thankful for so many things. My wonderful family...both immediate and extended. We have had a rollercoaster ride of health this year and is has done nothing but strengthened us. How amazing that we are an eternal unit. My husband is the best. I couldn't have asked for a better man. His heart is pure and he is one of those guys that will do anything for the well being of our family. I appreciate his leadership and his undying love.

3 comments:

Andria said...

It is amazing how sometimes when children are sick and they need us it ends up being such a blessing. It gets us to slow down and actually be with them!! You are such a great person and you do have a wonderful family!! Happy holidays and Merry Christmas to you!!

Suzanne said...

Yeah, I am home with Shae today because she is sick! Great time to bond! Glad you had a somewhat great Thanksgiving! Did someone say lunch? Bring it on!! Name date and time and I am there! -Suzanne

Madsen Family said...

I am so happy you are all better. And by the way....I love your guts too!