Monday, October 13, 2008

What a Weekend!!!

Believe it or not, you all, I am still kickin'! After the worst week in the market, I am still ALIVE!! Yippee! Definitely hoping that this week we see some improvement.

To make up for the poopy (a highly technical financial term) week, we had a fantastic weekend! Here is the rundown:

Friday after leaving work, we had a little family date and headed out to Cornbelly's for some corn maze fun. What a blast we had...excepting the fact that it was freakin' cold and I wasn't all too prepared for the seemingly subzero temps and wind. We ran through the maze (Jack led the way) and ventured into the belly of "the creature." Although the creature wasn't technically haunted, Jack did not like it one bit. He spent the rest of the evening saying how badly he hated the creature. We also decided to jump on these "pillows" that they have there. They are a cross between a trampoline and those big inflatable slide things. There were some big kids (teenagers) jumping on there and I was worried about Jack jumping on there with them. Turns out that was worry wasted. He got right in there with them and bounced all over the place and loved every second of it. I tried to hang in there, but shoes were not allowed and I was not wearing socks, so the aforementioned freezing temps kept my time limited. I would jump until I was within an inch of frostbite, then hop off to thaw, then I was back out there again! Cornbelly's will surely be part of our Halloween traditions in the years to come.

Saturday we spent chilling at home. Ian worked in the yard winterizing things and I worked on Halloween party invitations for my mom. My mom and I also spend some time visiting craft open houses. (Thanks again, Liza, for the window! Can't wait!) That evening, Jackson headed off to Nonna and Grandpa Ralph's and Ian and I met up with some friends, Jon and Sherilyn, for a trip to the Haunted Village @ the This is the Place Monument. For those who love a good haunted house, I highly recommend!! The trip is through the streets and houses of the Deseret Village. I would venture to say that this is more of an adult spin on haunted houses as they lose the Freddy Krugers and Chainsaw guys that mark the haunted houses of my youth and replace them with creepy ghosts following you around and the headless horseman. Very cool. At one point, I had to potty (another technical term) pretty badly and was laughing so hard, I turned to the dead pioneer woman following us moaning about her dead husband and asked if I could use her outhouse. She whispered, "there is a bathroom by the petting zoo." Those ghosts were not only extrememly frightening, but quite helpful too.

Earlier in the evening, we had a discussion around the afterlife and wondered if there wasn't enough to do in the hereafter to keep spirits busy enough that they didn't have time to haunt places. One of the hosts told us that those that haunt were "Union Ghosts" and thereby had lots of time on their hands. Funny guy!

Sunday, we headed out to church. Thanks, Andria, for an amazing lesson on growing our faith. I agree wholeheartedly that sometimes all we can do is decide we are going to believe. And our merciful God, who knows the intentions of our hearts, says that is okay and will make up the rest. It was a lesson I needed to hear at this point in my life when life sometimes can be overwhelming. I am reminding myself each day of the words of President Monson to find joy in the journey. Takes a whole lotta faith to do that!

Sunday evening, we had my mom over for dinner. What a nice way to finish off the weekend. We just relaxed to prepare for the coming week....let's make this week a great one!!!

3 comments:

RIGBY FAMILY said...

Hey there kenzie! It's Jana Just dropping a note to say Hi! I love readying your blog!!

Sherilyn said...

Hi woman. Jon and I had a great time with you guys at the Haunted Village. We are looking forward to our next double date!

Suzanne said...

OH!! I am so jealous you made it out to a Haunted House. I mentioned something to Brian and he was less than enthused!! Glad to hear that you are doing better after the crazy freakish week.

Glad you had a great weekend!! You are in my thoughts! -Suzanne