Monday, October 6, 2008

Find Joy in the Journey

Wow...Conference this weekend was just simple wonderful!! I feel like my spiritual cup was overflowing and I can't wait to get the Ensign with all the talks so I may more fully digest.

A couple talks really stood out to me, but I would like to focus for just a moment on President Monson's closing remarks from the Sunday morning session. His exortation to find joy in our journey really spoke to my heart. We all have challenges in life and as I face some of my own, I found peace in his challenge to find joy even in the difficult times in life. This is something I really struggle with at times. It is easy to lose sight of those simple joys when the tempest rages.

I thought that I could focus on this over the next 6 months with a gratitude journal. I started one in April after the suggestion during conference and it made me much more aware of the gentle blessings of Heavenly Father. I guess when life gives you a good kick in the teeth, time to thank the Lord for not letting life bloody your lip. And at least you get to have a good up close look at life's great new boots...dang!!

So here we go again! Oh...and check out this site for a good laugh! www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Andria said...

Conference is such an amazing weekend. I love it and I loved Presidents Monson's thoughts too. Thanks for the idea of a gratitude journal. I always love when I have one.

Suzanne said...

Sounds like a wonderful idea!! Loved conference too! Hope you are doing well through all of this and know that I think of you often!

Noni said...

OK.Ok. so I am one of your groupies! I love your blog and especially you words. You have a special gift, my darling daughter. You uplift people with your grace and love. You are definately one of a kind! Thanks for the special day on Sunday. The meal, of which you called "ordinary" was fabulous...just like everything else you touch...I love the photo of you and Sadie scrapbooking...There is such a resemblence between you two.

Thanks for being such an inspiration to us all!
Love You Mom