Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School

Today my little guy started Kindergarten. He was so excited as he stood in line waiting for the magical time of 8:10 to arrive. He looked so big! He's growing up so quickly before my very eyes and it is bittersweet. I couldn't be more proud of the sweet, caring boy he has become. He was a little sad that none of his friends from his preschool class would be in his new school, so imagine our surprise when we saw Presley. Presley is a cute little girl who had a bit of a crush on Jackson last year. We got to meet Presley's dad which was fun. It made me smile to see Jackson hamming it up for Presley while she giggled. He so loves to make people laugh. I will be excited to be debriefed on the day when we pick him up at 3.

I'll try to post pictures later.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

The first day of kindergarten is so hard on moms! I hope he had a great day!

Wendy said...

I am sure he will come home with so many stories and new adventures. The first day of kindergarten is so fun. Where is he going to school?

Codi said...

Mackenzie -
Congratulations to you and your son for the first day of school! I'm Blake's wife Codi and he pointed me to your blog. Hope you post pics of your little guy's first day and I hope there will be a Disney trip report - Blake and I were so envious of you heading to see the mouse!

Hope to actually meet soon!

Suzanne said...

First day of school! How exciting! I forgot where you were sending him for a full day of Kindergarten. Thinking that Shae will probably do the same next year. And yeah, where is the Running Report and Disneyland, miss? We have all been waiting to hear how it went. -Suzanne