I feel compelled to write a blog entry this morning...not sure why.
I had this great little New Year's Epiphany last night while playing Mob Wars on Facebook. (If you haven't yet, ya gotta try it!) I always write myself a respectable list of New Year's resolutions and I am one of those folks that has lost the list by mid-March and can not remember what was even on it! I think I found my little key to success for this year, inspired by my sweet friend Heidi (I don't think she reads the blog, but credit to her anyway.) With my decided and intentionally shorter list of must do's this year, I am going to not focus on doing them all year, but rather focus on doing things over the course of the week. Much less intimidating. For example: I am going to focus on exercise THIS week; not necessarily worry about what I will be doing for exercise next October. I think if I can have "perfect" weeks, then I will build up the stamina to hopefully have "perfect" months which will allow me to run a marathon next fall.
We'll see if it works. Any suggestions out there for making and keeping resolutions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I like it! Week one, don't eat fudge for breakfast. I just ate the rest of it so I won't eat it tomorrow.
I love you, Sherilyn!!!
You go girl, good luck on the marathon!
Resolutions usually are the same thing each year, now I am going to focus in on one day at a time, I can atleast make a difference that way! I have no control over the months ahead but each day can be a new one. Thanks for your kind thoughts on my posts as well, I hope your doing well. I hope 2009 will be an awesome year for you.
I like it! Live in the present and take it line upon line, one moment at a time. You are AWESOME! -Suzanne
Post a Comment