Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

I don't get it!

There are so many women out there that HATE Mother's Day. I personally think it is a great day to celebrate the incredible women in our lives. We all know that no one is perfect, so let's lay down that expectation that anyone should be and have a little party.

This year, Mother's Day was a bit lower key than in past years. I have been so tired lately that we did our best to keep it small. The highlight? Going to Jackson's school with him for their Mother's Day party. I let him know I would be there, then showed up about 5 minutes late. When I got there, he came running to me and I could tell he had spent the last 5 minutes fighting back tears. Those little arms wrapped around me and I bent down to hug him and give him a kiss. Then the water works started. I asked what was wrong and he said that he was afraid I wasn't going to show up. That broke my heart and made me love the little guy even more if that is possible. We sat down at his desk and had punch and cookies. He made me this adorable little flower pot and a card that made me cry like a baby. His teacher had put together a video of pictures of them throughout the year. That hour spent with him was definitely the highlight of the weekend.

Ian always is great about making Mother's Day a no-work weekend for me. This year he did make me help him a bit with the gate that he is building, but all is forgiven. ;) We went on a little date Saturday night and he took me to see Iron Man 2. 3 words for you: Robert Downey Jr.

Stop what you are doing right now and go see it!

All in all, it was a great weekend spent with the two boys I love the most. Doesn't get any better than that.

2 comments:

Shalise said...

I hear ya- regardless: we all have a Mother to celebrate, even if we were not raised by our Mother but by an Aunt or Grandmother- it is still a day of celebration. I love how your little guy made you a sweet card, it's so amazing how these sweet little kids are. I hope your doing well, its been crazy on my end. I have given you a sisterhood award on my blog- check it out under attitude/gratitude. Take care.

Noni said...

Glad you had a great day! You deserve it