Friday, February 19, 2010

I Nominate Ian...

for Best Valentine's Day Gift Giver ever!

If it isn't a real award, it should be. ;)

It started the Friday before. He had some beautiful roses delivered to my office. They were gorgeous!!

Saturday morning we were able to go through a session of the Salt Lake Temple to accompany my sweet cousin and her husband as they went through for the first time. It was truly an incredible experience that will not soon be forgotten. What a blessing to be there with people you love so much and be able to see them take that wonderful step in bringing themselves closer to the Savior and Heavenly Father. It was amazing. It was so nice to have my little bro and his wife there along with some great people in the Ward. Such a blessing to be able to spend Saturday morning with my husband and people I so love in such a special place. Very much the highlight of the weekend. I certainly missed having my mom there. She was home sick. It also deeply saddened me that my dad was not there with us. I know that Nicole missed having her parents there as well. Hopefully that will come to pass in time.

Sunday was spent together home as a family. It was great to be able to spend some quality time with my boys. We don't get all that much time together lately as Ian in working nights. I would so love to have more home time with both of them, but I know that will come in time.

Then Tuesday happened.

Ian called me and said that we needed to go pick something up, so he had come downtown to pick me up from work. We left my office and headed off to the car dealership where my hubby had purchased a new car for me! We had been talking about getting a new car, and he went ahead and bought one for me for Valentine's. It was incredibly sweet of him and I feel so posh cruising around in a Jaguar. I have never owned such a fancy car! I am still trying to figure out what all the buttons and controls and stuff do. It freaks me out a little that the car recognizes me as "driver A" and changes all the settings to my preferences once I get in.

All in all, it was a great weekend full of suprises.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

SHUT UP!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHH! Sorry for my language but AAAAHHHHH!!!!! How cool is that you are driving a Jaguar??? You're taking me for a cruise when I come visit! AAAAAHHHH!!! What a wonderful husband to surprise you! Ian wins! Hope your day is wonderful and how could it not when you are all posh in a Jag! -Suzanne

Mackenzie said...

We'll go cruise State. Oh wait, I don't think we can do that anymore.

We will for sure go for a ride. Let's also get on some plans for ice cream serving lessons. Perhaps in the Bahamas.

Codi said...

Wow! What a great surprise!! Time to add a picture to this post!

David said...

A JAGUAR??!! Holy cow!!! You lucky girl!

Sherilyn said...

What the?!!! Did you finally get rid of the Jetta? Quite the upgrade!!

Mackenzie said...

Nope..Jetta is still around. We are looking for a new home for it. So if you know of someone who needs a little reliable car for $1500....